Top South Korean tech companies and rivals Samsung Electronics Co. and LG Electronics Inc., has announced to showcase a range of innovative products at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) scheduled to be held in Las Vegas early next month.
According to reports, about 300 South Korean companies along with approximately 1,700 businesses from around the world will be attending the event to showcase their consumer electronics and latest technologies.
The upcoming CES 2022, slated for Jan. 5-8 will be an in-person event unlike this year’s online meet due to the ogoing pandemic. However, the numbers of participating companies are less than half the pre-pandemic levels.
While for those who cannot physically attend the event, they will still have digital elements, as the omicron variant of the coronavirus has emerged as a potential threat to the safety of attendees.
Samsung products to be showcased –
• The electronics company will be showcasing its new TV products that use self-emitting quantum-dot (QD) displays and OLED technology, among others.
• The company boasts the product to offers much more vivid colors, exceptional contrast and higher energy efficiency.
• It is also expected to unveil the Galaxy S21 FE, that has been publicized as “a tribute to Galaxy fans,” the most affordable phone in Samsung’s premium S20 line.
LG products to be showcased –
• The company mentioned to unveil its Lifestyle TV lineup, canvas-looking LG Objet TV and movable LG StanbyME.
• The LG Object TV comes with an interchangeable fabric cover that can add an aesthetic touch and artwork-like elegance to one’s home.
• While the LG StandbyMe comes with a fitted wireless screen that can be rotated and swiveled, and has a built-in battery and a moveable stand.
• It is also speculated that the company may unveil a 97-inch OLED TV at the event.
According to LG Electronics, at the event it will construct a physical booth with recycled, upcycled, and recyclable materials for its visitors and the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where they can experience the best life possible with LG products.
The visitors will also be able to take a self-guided tour using QR codes and experience the brand’s appliances through advanced virtual and augmented reality technologies.