July 7, 2022

Global streaming giant Netflix, after the global success of “Kingdom,” is set to release yet another Korean-language zombie genre series “All of Us Are Dead” on Friday.

The latest series is about a group of high school students who find themselves trapped in their school and fight for survival after a zombie virus takes over the city.

Director Lee Jae-kyoo said during an online news conference held in Seoul mentioned that there are many zombie thrillers, and most of them are about things happening to adults. However, this follows what happens to students who are not yet mature and socialized, and it is in a closed space.

The director behind hit South Korean TV series “Damo” (2003), “Beethoven Virus” (2008), and films “The Fatal Encounter” (2014) and “Intimate Strangers” (2018) showed strong confidence in his new TV project.

He mentioned to have had a choreography team composed of a professional choreographer and an actor who could create a synergy effect between each other. Whilst also citing that the 12-part series’ focus on showing the horrible process of people turning into zombies as what makes it stand out from other works.

Actress Park Ji-hu, who plays one of the students attacked by zombies, mentioned that since the series is set in a school with hundreds of students, it beats others in the wide variety of zombies.

Actor Lim Jae-hyeok commented that unlike other zombie thrillers where policemen or soldiers fire guns and other weapon to kill the monsters, this series has students fighting zombies with desks and mobs.

The series is based on the South Korean web-based comic “Now at Our School” written by Joo Dong-geun, which was translated into English under the title “All of Us Are Dead.”

Actress Lee Yoo-mi in the new zombie series, who rose to global attention for playing Ji-yeong, aka player number 240 in the Netflix’s global TV sensation “Squid Game,” will be playing a self-centered student character named Lee Na-yeon.

The series will also showcase four other young actors in their 20s — Cho Yi-hyun, best known for her medical student role in “Hospital Playlist” (2021), Lomon, Yoo In-soo and Yoon Chan-young — among the main cast members. And lastly, Park Ji-hu, known for her lead role in the critically acclaimed film “Humming Bird” (2017).